Sunday, March 30, 2008

4offsets.com Announces Affiliate Program

FROM BLOG: Carbon Neutral Digest - Carbon Neutral Digest discusses all things carbon neutral. There is a rating of all carbon neutral providers, detailed explination of carbon offset projects and up to date news.

On Monday 4offsets.com come is going to launch their affiliate program. An affiliate program is where you sell something, this case carbon offsets, on your site and you get a commission.

There are many many programs like this for websites and blogs to become members of and earn income. This is the first program that I am aware of to be involved in the carbon offset market (The CEO will tell you that that a small Canadian offsetter has an affiliate program too).

This may mark a paradigm shift on how carbon offsets are marketed. Currently many of the large scale offset providers buy ads on Google AdSense. Google AdSense pays the website whenever anyone click on the ad. This is an inefficient method and expensive especially when someone clicks on your ad but doesn’t buy offsets because you pay money for the click and no revenue was generated. I was running AdSense before I started my contest and I only made about $80.00. What is different about this program is that 4offsets.com only pays when someone sells an offset.

The CEO e-mailed me over the information and the payout rates. He asked me to keep them confidential but I can tell you that they seem comparable to other affiliate programs that I have seen. They also provide referral bonuses’ if you refer a website that offers offsets you get money too.

It will be interesting to follow this trend and see if larger sites become members and if more offset providers.

If your interested in becomming a member of the program drop the CEO an e-mail at aff.prog [at] 4offsets [dot] com. Let him know you heard about the site from me =)


Disclaimer: 4offsets.com is part of my contest

Read more from this blogger at Carbon Neutral Digest

No comments: